Sunday 31 October 2010

Couple of new visitors

Still doing lots of jobs around the house and garden which means I can keep an eye out for any new visitors. This weekend I chalked up a small flock of redwing flying and calling. The huge numbers of fieldfare seem to have dispersed although there remain a few smaller flocks around. A new visitor to the feeders this weekend was a coal tit which is great to see. Goldfinch numbers seem to be very high including one rather sick bird that remained feeding on the nyger even when I was standing right next to it. It looked a bit wet or waxy and I think may have had the disease that alot of finches seem to be going down with. It had disappeared by this morning so I suspect it did not make it through the night. The cotoneaster in the garden has worked attracting in a mistle thrush so here's hoping some of the waxwing fall for it as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment